Welcome to my musings on home, health and hearth in the light of Christ.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First time Yogurt!

Today I am finally going to try to make yogurt!  I've never done it before, but after reading waaay too many tutorials about it I think I can do it.  I'm following the recipe in NT for Raw Milk Yogurt, though it's nice to know she has given me a pasteurized milk yogurt recipe too, since I sometimes buy pasteurized milk if I'm tight on cash.

The other day we were fascinated to discover a cup of milk my husband left out on the counter.  Instead of turning lumpy and stinking it was just....gelled!  It didn't even smell bad, just a bit sour.  Very cool!  Last week I was able to get 3 gallons of milk instead of just two - it's nice to know I don't have this 'bad-milk' date in the back of my mind.  If it sours I'll just use it for something else.  Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment